In 2006, I auditioned for the Life Network series X-Weighted. It was a reality-based program in which fat people were challenged to lose weight over a six-month period with cameras following along the way. I went through the screening process and was chosen to be on the show, but the producers decided not to shoot in Halifax after all, and they ended up doing the season in other Canadian cities.
Undaunted, I decided to do my own series. Instead of X-Weighted, I'd do Un-Weighted. Here's how it played out over 26 weeks.
- Week Zero
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
- 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- All posts with the label 'un-weighted'
Huffing and Puffing: Learning To Run For Smokers
In 2011, I joined the Lung Association of Nova Scotia for a program that trains smokers to run a 5km race. Imagine the Couch To 5k for smokers. The series included web content, weekly radio stories on News95.7 and videos on YouTube. Follow along as I face tobacco addiction and my sedentary lifestyle.
- Episode One: The Pitch
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 2: Angry Hemogoblins
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 3: Be Athletic
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 4: Endorsement
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 5: Charlie Shin
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 6: Running & Leiping
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 7: Failing Forward
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 8: How To Quit Smoking
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 9: Going The Distance
- Huffing and Puffing: Episode 10: Lessons Learned
- The Distance: Music video