It should be obvious that I'm not any kind of hero or solo flier in this whole moving-in process.
But in case it's not explicitly clear, I want to extend heartfelt thanks to many people, including the following:
- mortgage broker Jeff Maldaver for getting us a great rate with Scotiabank
- agents Jim & Jackie Pitt from Century 21 Trident for holding our hands through the buying process
- lawyer Fergus Ford for answering his phone personally when we called -- although I've yet to meet the guy
- home inspector Sam Lorefice for pointing out some of the problems with the property
- handyman and contractor galore Phil for doing a bang-up job of banging out the closet, panelling, trim, paint, crown and more, and giving us a fair, honest price with lots of insightful feedback
- Cory at Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning for giving us a better deal on our HRV
- Mark at Home Office Media Evolution for giving me the home network of my (short-term) dreams with minimal disruption, and making me feel like a smart guy!
- TD Meloche-Monnex for getting us a great rate on home and auto insurance
- Ace Lock and Alarm for making the home secure
- Marriott's Moving for getting our stuff into the home in record time, with no damage to our stuff or the walls
- Desiree and Erin at work for providing so many boxes
- Rodney at work for lending equipment and expertise in helping realize the home network
- Bill at work for helping move the last of the stuff out of the old apartment
- Everyone at work for filling in the gap while I worked on the house
- Halifax Freecycle for helping get rid of a few things and getting us even more boxes
- The previous homeowners for leaving us landmines that'll make us more savvy shoppers if we ever move again
- Mom & dad for generous support, tons of advice and lots of questions
- Sandra for writing my first letter in the mail
- Blog readers for following along
- Friends and family for support and encouragement
- And of course, Amanda for .... everything!
I hope to return to regular programming soon.... and of course, a before-and-after spectacular once the decorating is mostly done.
Today marks a weird spot on the calendar for me. It’s one of those landmarks that really doesn’t mean anything, other than to illustrate the...
Wow, long time no write. I didn't enjoy this past winter. I was certainly in a long slump. Things were very challenging at work. Gordo...
One year ago today, we lost Amanda. Time plays tricks on all of us. We can think "that was so long ago" at the same time as &quo...
It's been two and a half months since the last update on this blog, and I was hoping to write one soon with lots of good news. I was...