We did almost everything short of riding a bicycle in the snow in our journey from Halifax to Bradford for the first leg of the Big Ass Christmas Tour 2008:
- car to Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- shuttle bus from Park n Fly to the terminal
- various escalators and elevators to our flight
- airplane to Toronto City Centre Airport (YTZ) via Porter -- first time on Porter, and nothing bad to say about 'em. Good (free) food, good (free) drinks, decent service, civilized travel
- ferry to the mainland
- shuttle bus to the Royal York Hotel
- crossed the street to Union Station to take the subway train to Finch
- picked up by Barb & Wendall in a car for the final leg to Bradford
Trains, planes, automobiles, and a ferry boat to boot. All without any extreme delays from snowstorms that smacked Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Tonight, it's dinner with both sets of parents for the first time ever. I expect everyone will get along.
Today marks a weird spot on the calendar for me. It’s one of those landmarks that really doesn’t mean anything, other than to illustrate the...
Wow, long time no write. I didn't enjoy this past winter. I was certainly in a long slump. Things were very challenging at work. Gordo...
One year ago today, we lost Amanda. Time plays tricks on all of us. We can think "that was so long ago" at the same time as &quo...
It's been two and a half months since the last update on this blog, and I was hoping to write one soon with lots of good news. I was...