I haven't done the explicit math on how many calories I've saved with the daily changes... so, let's see what I can come up with on the spot.
- Morning chocolate milk: switched from 500ml 2% to 375ml 1% with added calcium: 360 calories vs. 240 = 120 saved.
- Kaiser-bun sandwich switched to wrap (spinach, or garlic pesto, or flaxseed): dunno how many calories. Switch from big bun to thin wrap, so that's gotta be something. Switched from Kraft skim-milk processed cheese to Montarey Jack Jalapeno cheese in wrap. Romaine lettuce stedda iceberg. Added onions and red peppers. That's gotta be good for something.
- Muffin: switched from banana/chocolate chip to Liz Pearson's super-healthy banana/chocolate chip colon-blow muffin, including wheat bran, flaxseed meal, whole wheat flour, yogurt instead of butter.
- Sugar Free Red Bull instead of Full Ass-Kicking Red Bull: 10 calories vs. 110. Saving: 100 calories.
- Kellogg's William Shatner All-Bran Bar (130cal) vs. cookies (probably about 200). Saving: around 70 calories.
- Yoplait zero-fat Source yogurt (50cal) vs. Hunts Fat Free Chocolate pudding (about 100cal, I think): 50 cal savings.
- Gatorade (~150-200 cal) vs. 500ml bottled water with Crystal Light Singles (uh, three or four calories, I think): savings: let's call it a full 200.
- Switched at dinnertime from 1% chocolate milk to 0.5% "chocolate milk beverage" (which I call "malk"). Has added calcium, and possibly fewer calories.
- Dinnertime meals switched from, for example, pizza or spaghetti or lasagna, to a small steak and BBQ-roasted peppers, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and grape tomatoes. That's gotta be something.